To apply for a licence a minimum of two forms are needed in order to complete the application. The number of forms can increase depending on how many licensable activities you apply for.
You must complete part 1 of the application:
And at least one of the licensable activities you wish to apply for (you can choose more than one) to complete the application:
- Animal Boarding (this includes- Day boarding, Home boarding and Kennels (dogs & cats)
- Breeding and Sale of dogs (the following link could be useful in regards to the documentation required: https://www.youdopet.com/breeding-records)
- Hiring out of horses
- Performing Animals
- Selling of animals for pets
The completed forms should be sent to: Licensing Department, Civic Centre, Doncaster Road, Selby, YO8 9FT with the application fee please be aware that you should only pay the initial applicaton fee and any inspection fees in the first instance. If the inspection results in a recommendation to grant a licence, you will be contacted by the Licensing team to take the grant fee which will enable us to issue the licence.
Alternatively you can email these to: Licensing@selby.gov.uk a member of the team will then contact you to take the payment for the application fee.
Animal Boarder Arranger: If you are applying as a business which arranges for the provision of accommodation for other people's cats and dogs, for example, a business which connects pet owners with people who are willing to look after their animals for no fee (just minor expenses). The accommodation provided in these circumstances must meet the conditions in schedule 2 and 4, and it is the responsibility of the business to ensure that this is the case.
As the Council need to be satisfied that the conditions are met in all of the accommodation provided you will need to supply the following with your application:
- Highlight that the business is applying as an 'Arranger'
- include a list of all of the host families in the Selby district
- supply a copy of the inspections carried out that confirm that conditions 2 and 4 have been met
- supply photos of the rooms that the animal will have access to for each host family
The host family list will need to be kept updated with the Council.
Horse Riding Establishments
If you are appliying for a horse riding establishment, please download the following form before inspection. You should be able to complete most of this prior to the vets visit.
Tacit Consent - does not apply as it is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted.