Adaptations to a council property

Can I get help with the cost of improvements?

As a rule, we cannot help you with the cost of improvements. The government runs a number of schemes to help people make energy-saving improvements to their home and find the best way of paying for them. You can find out more information about these schemes

Specialist Equipment

North Yorkshire County Council provides a service to help disabled people finding it hard to cope in their own homes. An occupational therapist or someone from social services can visit you in your home to see if altering or adapting your home may make things easier. For more information see the Physical and Sensory Impairment page of the North Yorkshire County Council website.