Hillam Housing Needs Survey

Do you have a local connection to Hillam Parish and are you struggling to get a home there that is suitable and affordable? If so, we want to hear from you.

This form will take no more than 5-10 minutes to answer 18 questions and could result in the development of a small number of affordable homes for people with a local connection to Hillam.  

It is not essential that you provide your contact details, however, it is important if you wish to be kept informed of future progress.

The personal data in this survey is confidential to the Rural Housing Enabler and Selby District Council. However anonymised summary of information from this could be made available in the public domain. We will not disclose your personal information to any other organisations or individuals.

Local Connection to Hillam Parish

Please state the option number

Where you live now

Person 1Person 2Person 3Person 4Person 5
10 years and under
Between 11 and 18
Between 19 and 30
Between 31 and 40
Between 41 and 50
Between 51 and 60
60 years and over
Please enter amount

Future Household

* Intermediate Housing is a type of home ownership, intended to help households on to the property ladder who could not otherwise afford to buy a suitable property on the open market. Examples of Intermediate Housing are ‘Shared Ownership’, ‘Starter Homes’, ‘Rent to Buy’ and ‘Discount Sale’.  

  • With ‘Shared Ownership’ properties, you are able to buy a share of the property which meets a level you can afford  and you pay a discounted rent on the rest. This can be as little as a 25% share and often you are able to increase your share as your circumstances change.
  • ‘Starter Homes’ are only for first-time buyers under the age of 40 which are sold at around 80% of market value. Homes cannot be resold or rented at their open market value for five years after the initial sale.
  • ‘Rent to Buy’ is where you can rent your home for up to five years at 80% of market rent, allowing you to save for your deposit to buy it.
  • ‘Discount Sale’ properties are where you purchase a share of the property and the rest is typically owned by a housing association. 

If you have some funds to buy a share but not all of a property or if your combined household earnings are under £80,000 per year, intermediate housing could be an option for you.  

For more information go to www.new-homes.co.uk/

Your Financial Situation

Providing details about your financial circumstances is optional. The information you provide is confidential and used to assess your suitability for specific housing tenures. 

Please state per month for rent
Please state per month for an mortgage
Please tick your choice

Additional Information

This is the new way of allocating Council and partner Housing Associations’ rented properties and intermediate housing. Please visit www.northyorkshirehomechoice.org.uk to review properties and register. It is important to be registered on North Yorkshire HomeChoice as if a new housing development is built for local people this register will be considered at part of the allocation process.

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this survey.

So… what happens now?

An anonymised housing needs report will be produced (no personal information is included in this). The report will state the number of homes needed (if any), sizes and tenure types The results of this survey may be used as evidence to support planning applications for small affordable housing schemes to meet local housing need. In the event that a new development of affordable homes is built on a rural exception site, priority will be given to applicants with the greatest local connection when they are allocated.

Your personal information is kept on file by the Rural Housing Enabler who, in the event that a scheme is developed, will keep you informed of progress, invite you to any meetings or events and help you through the allocations process. All personal information supplied by you on this form will be processed by the Rural Housing Enabler in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.