The Housing Maintenance Section is responsible for the day to day repairs and the programmed maintenance of Council dwellings.
You can call our repairs number - 01757 292125
Monday to Thursday - 8.30am and 5.00pm
Friday - 8.30am and 4.30pm
Emergency Repairs (Out of Hours) - 01757 706291. Please use this number for genuine emergencies only.
You can also report repairs:
- Online - Council House Repair Request form
- Text us on 07984 527206
- In person at Selby or Tadcaster offices;
- Through your Warden;
- Your Tenants Association;
- Local Selby District Councillors; or by
- Letter or fax.
Housing Maintenance have developed a Customer Charter for Housing Repairs - pdf. The charter contains details about the following:
- How quickly we will carry out repairs;
- The quality of our repairs; and
- The behaviour of our contractors and staff.
You can view a copy of Housing Repairs 'Responsive Repairs Policy' on the Council Service Plans and Strategies page. This policy covers the repairs service we provide for repairs that are:
- Reported require remedial work; and
- Are outside our modernization and programmed repairs programmes.
Staff who visit you in your home carry identity cards. Ask to see identity cards before you let anyone into your home.