A brand new project to transform ‘grot spots’ in Brayton, Barlow, Barlby Bridge and Selby has been announced.
Local people are being urged to take action to transform local spaces and places in their community as part of the Team Up to Clean Up partnership between the Central Area Community Engagement Forum and regeneration charity Groundwork North Yorkshire.
The three winning projects will receive a reward of £5,000 each to make their project happen.
Examples of the type of projects that could meet the requirements of a Team Up to Clean Up community engagement project could include:
• Reinvigorating a neglected local space around an art installation
• Introducing new planting to encourage wildlife as a beneficial element of an urban space
• A food growing project that encourages people to grow their own
• A neglected building that requires a facelift.
• Cross-generation of the community