Housing Fraud

It's a criminal offence to sublet your council home to someone else -  subletting is when you rent it out to another person.  The Fraud Act 2006 and the Housing Act 1996 also make it a criminal offence to falsely apply for a council property, falsely claim you're entitled to take over the property from a relative, or falsely apply for a Right to Buy discount.  

Find out more here about fraud, and also how to report suspected fraud to us.