The Selby Home Improvement Agency (formally Selby Stay Put) is a confidential service run by Yorkshire Metropolitan Housing Foundation to provide advice and assistance on:
We offer this advice to:
- Older Home Owners
- Private Tenants
- People with disabilities of any age
We can offer:
- Technical advice about repairs, improvements and adaptations.
- Help with grant applications.
- Support during and after application.
- Help to find a suitable builder.
- Help with drawing up plans, building regulations and obtaining approvals.
Not all improvements and repairs qualify for a grant from the Local Authority. If the work that needs doing does qualify for a grant, we will assist with the application. If a grant is not available, we will give advice and help to raise finance.
We may also be able to help with:
- Referrals to Social Services for support from social workers.
- Home care assessments.
- Referrals to other statutory/voluntary agencies.
- Home security and insulation.
- Home visiting by volunteers.
- Assistance with decorating and gardening.
We can give you advice on whether you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to.
The Selby Home Improvement Agency is only one housing option available. We can advise you of other possible solutions to your housing problems. A home visiting service is available. Advice is free. The office is open Monday to Friday 9:30am to 4:00pm.
Selby Home Improvement Agency
Tel: 01757 24 10 10
Fax: 01757 24 10 14
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that staff will be available in the offices at all times; therefore we advise you to ring and make an appointment.