Please see below for previous stages and superceded reports relating to the Core Strategy.
Editorial changes and minor amendments
The Council has published 5 sets of proposed changes (editorial changes and minor amendments) in order to improve the accuracy, consistency and clarity of the Core Strategy. These 5 sets of proposed changes have been compiled into a composite schedule of all proposed changes (see core document - CS/CD2e), which should be read in conjunction with the submission draft Core Strategy. The current list of core documents may be viewed on the Core Strategy EIP page.
The following documents were submitted to the Secretary of State on 05 May 2011:
- Submission Core Strategy - 15Mb
- Core Documents List - doc - this list has now been superseded. Please view the EIP page for an up to date list.
- Proposals Map
- Schedule of Core Strategy policies which replace adopted Selby District Local Plan policies
- Sustainability Appraisal Report - please see the section below.
- Appropriate Assessment
- Appropriate Assessment Screening Report
- Consultation Statement (updated May 2011) setting out who was consulted on the preparation of the Core Strategy, how they were invited to make representations and how these representations have been taken into account.
- Regulation 30 Statement setting out the number of representations made to the 'Publication' version of the Core Strategy and a summary of the main issues raised.
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (updated May 2011)
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Local Development Scheme
- Annual Monitoring Report
- Sustainable Community Strategy
- Equalities Impact Assessment
- Submission advert in newspaper- pdf
- Soundness Self Assessment Statement - pdf
In the light of proposed changes (January 2012) a number of addendums have been produced to some of these documents and further documents have been published. Please refer to the EIP page.
a combined strategic environmental assessment and sustainability appraisal has been undertaken as an integral part of the process of preparing the Core Strategy, including the strategic development site options.
The Council has also published an Addendum to the SA.
The evidence base accompanying the Core Strategy includes the following:
- Employment Land Study (2007)
- Employment Land Refresh (2010)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Core Strategy Background Papers
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (2009)
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (2009)
- Retail, Commercial & Leisure Study (2009)
- Affordable Housing Economic Viability Assessment
- Affordable Housing Small Site Threshold Testing (2010) - pdf
- Olympia Park Delivery Framework - pdf - this is a replacement document that provides corrected Options plans at page 39, which were previously incorrect.
- Traffic Impact Studies
- Proposed Swingbridge Junction Improvements - pdf
The strategy takes into account views gathered at previous stages of consultation.
Prior to submission to the Secretary of State for independent examination, the Core Strategy was 'Published' on Monday 10 January 2011 for a period of 6 weeks to 21 February 2011. During that time representations were received as to the 'Soundness' of the document. To be sound, the Core Strategy must be justified, effective and consistent with national policy.
The individual responses are available to view by following this link:
Publication Draft Core Strategy - Jan 2011 - reponses and a summary of the issues raised is provided in the 'Regulation 30 Statement' referred to above.
The Council previously consulted on issues and options in May 2006, further options in November 2008 and the draft Core Strategy in February 2010. Comments received in response to consultation on the draft Core Strategy and the Council's decisions may be viewed below.
Issues and options
There are a number of stages in the preparation of the Core Strategy. The first step is to identify the issues, which the Core Strategy should address, and to consider different options for tackling them. To help think about this, an Issues and Option Report - pdf, was consulted on in June 2006. A summary version of the Issues and Options Report - pdf and a questionnaire/comments form were also available to assist us in gaining views on the issues and options report.
The issues and options report and summary report was also available to be viewed at Access Selby, our council office in Tadcaster, and libraries during normal opening hours.
Further Options Consultation
Consultation on further options ran from 06 November 2008, until 5pm on 18 December 2008. The responses are now available to view by following this link - Core Strategy Consultation 2008 - Responses. The Councils response to comments received may be viewed here and a summary of the comments received may be viewed here.
Consultation Draft Core Strategy - 2010
The Consultation Draft Core Strategy - pdf 12Mb was published for consultation between 18 February and 01 April 2010.
To conincide with the consultation a number of 'drop in' events were arranged in Selby, Sherburn in Elmet and Tadcaster.
A Citizenlink supplement called 'Your Plan, Your Future' - pdf was also distributed with the Citizenlink newspaper to all households in the District and copies were sent to local businesses.
As well as submitting comments in email and paper form respondents were for the first time able to submit comments directly online using our dedicated consultation website for the LDF.
Superceded Core Strategy Background Papers
- Background Paper No 8 - Climate Change - February 2010 - pdf
- Affordable Housing, November 2007 - pdf
- Producing and Assessing Housing Distribution Options, October 2007 - pdf
- Producing and Assessing Housing Distribution Options, September 2008 - pdf
- Target for Housing Development on Previously Developed Land, October 2007 - doc
- Assessing the Relative Sustainability of Smaller Rural Settlements, October 2007 - pdf
Sustainability Appraisal Reports
- Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report 2010 - pdf
- Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report 2010 Appendices - pdf
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report of Selby District Core Strategy November 2005 - Main Report - pdf; and
- Appendices - pdf;
- Initial Sustainability Appraisal Review - Sustainability Appraisal of the Options for the Selby District Core Strategy May 2006 - pdf;
- SA Review of Further Options and Strategic Development Sites (Feb 2009) - pdf
Strategic Flood Risk Assessment November 2007
Please click on the following link to view the superseded November 2007 Level 1 Report - pdf. The report covers the following maps as listed in Appendix F:
- Barlby Village - pdf 1.1Mb
- Brayton - pdf
- Byram - pdf 1Mb
- Cambleforth - pdf
- Carlton - pdf
- Cawood - pdf 1.1Mb
- Cliffe - pdf
- Eggborough - pdf
- Escrick - pdf
- Hambleton - pdf
- Hemingbrough - pdf
- Kellington - pdf
- Monk Fryston - pdf
- North Duffield - pdf
- Riccall - pdf
- Selby - pdf 3Mb
- Sherburn in Elmet - pdf 1.1Mb
- South Milford - pdf
- Tadcaster - pdf 1.2Mb
- Thorpe Willoughby - pdf