You may be refused a licence if:
- You are under 21 years of age.
- You have been convicted of an offence under specified acts or you are deemed unsuitable.
- The premises you intend to use are unsuitable.
- You don't have staff with adequate professional or technical experience.
- Your establishment is being carried out in contravention of any local act or byelaw.
Both the practitioner and the skin-piercing premises need to be registered and they must operate within the council's byelaws.
The byelaws cover:
- Cleanliness of premises and fittings.
- Cleanliness of persons, and
- Cleaning and sterilisation of instruments, materials and equipment.
Applying for registration
Please click on the following link to complete the acupuncture registration form. Cost of registration £161.10.
Will tacit consent apply?
No. It is in the public interest that Selby District Council must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please contact us.
Failed application and complaints
Please contact us if you wish to appeal a refused application or have a complaint about our service. Any applicant who is refused a licence can appeal to their local magistrates' court.